Friday, August 19, 2011

Googleplex action photos

This is a photo from the talk I gave yesterday at Google to kick of our US intelligence GWAS. See www.cog-genomics.org for more information. If you're having any problems with the site, especially the participant registration, please let us know. We've received a great deal of feedback just in the last 48 hours about the study, so please be patient if you sent me a message.



There were a lot of good questions from the audience at the talk. I only had an hour so I had to go through the slides rather quickly. People seemed quite enthusiastic about the project :-)



6 comments:

MtMoru said...

I wonder if the cut off scores are Steve's scores.

What would happen if I sent in my dog's saliva? Someone should do this just to keep them honest.

David Coughlin said...

I wonder how many people at El Goog thought to themselves, "I'm not going to make a positive contribution to that study."

ben_g said...

You might find that your dog is a super genius!

Dima Klenchin said...

There would be no matches on a chip for most SNPs and it will be concluded that the sample is garbage (degraded DNA, insufficient quantities, severe contamination or indeed different species).

Fake Name said...

Do you have any idea how long it takes for the videos to reach YouTube? s?

Christopher Chang said...

There seems to be some variation--of the last two videos posted on @Google Talks as I write this, one was from within the past few days and the other was from a month and a half ago.  We're obviously hoping for the former case...

Blog Archive

Labels