Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Eugene from our bedroom deck. In the larger version (click) you can see the UO football stadium across the river from us, about 3 miles away. The Ducks play Ohio State in the Rose Bowl later today.

When I came to Oregon from Yale a decade ago, I also had an offer from Wisconsin. But a visit in April to Madison (gray, snow, yuck) was enough to convince me to follow my instincts and head further west.



This is my son's first attempt at fixed-wing aircraft design :-) He built it all by himself -- I was a little surprised when he showed it to me!



Not to be outdone, my daughter provided this self-portrait:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool! It's instructive to read how Terence Tao's parents nurtured his gifts:

http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10116.aspx

For the record, Terence's "dumb" brother, Nigel, was an IMO medalist and has an IQ of 180 :)

Funny how approximately a third of the people in that country with an IQ of 180 or above resided in the same house :)

Blog Archive

Labels