Text

Physicist, Startup Founder, Blogger, Dad

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Eugene from our bedroom deck. In the larger version (click) you can see the UO football stadium across the river from us, about 3 miles away. The Ducks play Ohio State in the Rose Bowl later today.

When I came to Oregon from Yale a decade ago, I also had an offer from Wisconsin. But a visit in April to Madison (gray, snow, yuck) was enough to convince me to follow my instincts and head further west.



This is my son's first attempt at fixed-wing aircraft design :-) He built it all by himself -- I was a little surprised when he showed it to me!



Not to be outdone, my daughter provided this self-portrait:

1 comment:

Dawg_from_Hell said...

Cool! It's instructive to read how Terence Tao's parents nurtured his gifts:

http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10116.aspx

For the record, Terence's "dumb" brother, Nigel, was an IMO medalist and has an IQ of 180 :)

Funny how approximately a third of the people in that country with an IQ of 180 or above resided in the same house :)

Blog Archive

Labels