Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Open sesame!

Can anyone identify this corporate headquarters? Hint: it belongs to one of the largest tech companies in China. I'll be there for a meeting next week. (Click for larger version.)

I'm actually not sure how much I'm allowed to say about the meeting -- it will bring together professors from fields like math, computer science and economics to look at some big, big data sets :-)


Dan said...

Alibaba? I'm hoping to make it to Beijing next year for a conference (not clear that there will be money for that but here's hoping).

Enjoy your trip; I'm looking forward to reading about it.

Steve Hsu said...


gs said...

I couldn't find an ADR for Alibaba (but see ALBCF.PK). In other words, a technology company whose market cap, is half of Google's has decided not to list its shares in the USA.

Should we fault US regulatory policy or should we wonder about I don't know much about Alibaba; I've read that regulatory overreaction to the Internet bubble has stifled domestic IPOs and thrown out the entrepreneurial baby with the bath water.

Blog Archive